Monday, June 29, 2009



Thanks to JP Boneyard and Mike Swiatlowski, I finally returned to my favorite place to play: Palmer, MA! Brian & Henning joined me for a set of hits, near misses and soon to be classics. Six songs in all. Though I was experiencing some head/brain/dizziness issues at the show, I still felt comfortable performing. It was great to see some familiar faces and some pals from back home (special thanks to Lesa, Debbie, Karen, Mark & Emily for making the trip).

Diamond Junction's wonderful interior color scheme and lay out, which I haven't encountered in ages, recalls various rolling skating rinks, bowling alleys and arcades from the mid 1980's. Birthday parties from the distant past flooded my memory.

After my set and those by the great Eric Hnatow and the also great San Serac, candlepin bowling commenced:
















Lastly, I'd like to mention that I'm on the look out for a (and I don't remember the name of the brand) plastic hip-hop dog by the name of "Sassy". This bitch is part preppy and a whole lotta pimp. She was the one I had my eye on, but it wasn't in the cards. Below are the dogs that I randomly purchased from the dispenser at Diamond Junction. If I had $80 in quarters, they would've all gone into this machine:















Ahhhh, I wish all shows were like this one...
-jason